Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Open Your Eyes

I should have done this yesterday, when it actually happened, but I'm me, and didn't get to it. Whatcha gonna do?

I told you about the fox on the hill, right? Well, the very next day, as I drove through the same neighborhood where crazy car lady hangs out - just one turn farther away - I saw a doe and two fawns standing in the yard space between two houses. This particular neighborhood is a bit more secluded, and backs up to forest, so I guess it's not all that unusual for deer to be out and about, but two fawns? Both were wearing white-spotted coats, so they were probably still young.

And to think, I live in a bedroom community just south of DC. Nature is all around you, if you'll only open your eyes to it. And I'm so glad that I'm a curious person, always looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment