Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On the Bright (Light) Side

Yesterday's dental appointment went very well - new dentist - so there were jitters there. Had a large, 2-sided old filling/new cavity that needed to be fixed. Turned out to be larger and deeper than he could see on the x-ray, but his numbing process was marvelous, and I never felt a thing! I didn't know for sure, but I thought he might be going to do the composite filling, despite it being a top, back tooth. So I now have a tooth that looks like it's never been touched, despite the fact of all the drilling and filling I went through! Very calm dentist, he explained everything, even drawing a picture to show why the procedure was taking longer than he had expected. He did a nice job filing and shaping the composite, even smoothing and polishing it so it feels like a regular tooth. And even checked to make sure that dental floss would go between the teeth. I'm pleased with his attention to detail, and am glad the Mister found him - plus his office is very close to our house!

Got a much better night's sleep last night. I turned in around 10 (not midnight!) and didn't wake until the alarm went off at 5 am. SG got herself up and downstairs, and since she's taking finals this week, I didn't have to pack a lunch for her. Even SB was easy to wake this morning! Didn't need to pack a lunch for myself, since we were able to enjoy some leftovers from a company luncheon yesterday. How I wish every day could start as well as this one did.

Let's hope I haven't just cursed myself (speaks the pessimistic side of me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment