Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Still Tired....

Yeesh. How many times do I have to keep trying to live the schedule of someone much younger than me, staying up til almost midnight most nights, then getting up before the sun to start the day with and for the Mister? I am sooo not a morning person....

I don't think there are too many nights when I get more than about 5-6 hours of sleep, until I hit Friday and Saturday night. Part of it is that the Mister gets up at the unreasonable (to me!) hour of 5am to get ready for his workday. If I could just sleep in until 7am, then blink and have my shower done, coffee ready and lunches packed, I'd probably be a lot more functional both at home and on the job. Of course, If the Mister kept to that schedule, then he'd be late for work, which creates a whole other set of problems for me. It always amazes me how he needs me (or SG) to get him up, pack his lunch and do his to-go coffee - yet on those rare occasions that I'm not around, he can do it for himself. What gives? I'd love to be able to take a shower, then come downstairs to drink a cup of coffee, before picking up my lunch and a thermos and go-cup of coffee and walking out the door. I think it's that Mom thing - we're expected to tend to stuff in the house and the family, and Dad, he's expected to work. Funny how things haven't changed, even though loads of moms are currently working outside the home alongside the dads.

It's probably one of my weaknesses that the few TV shows that I really like to watch seem to start at 10pm, as well. I'm sure that doesn't help with my poor sleeping habits. And yes, even though I'm somewhat technologically challenged, without access to the internet on my phone, no FaceBook account (I flat out refuse), no Twitter, Tumblr, etc., we do have access to a DVR on our TV - yet I don't want to watch my shows at any other time than when they're truly scheduled to air. Probably due to the fact that we only have 2 TVs in our house, and you're lucky you can get time when the TV's free to watch what you want!

I think, I know, we'd be better off with another TV in the house, but I refuse to have a TV on the bedroom level. I've long said that the day a TV moves into the master bedroom, I'd move out. Can't say as that's ever gonna happen though, as there's no place to put a TV in our room, and I like it that way, too!

Man, talk about getting off track! I think I need more sleep.....

No comments:

Post a Comment