Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Smack Down

Wow. Just as I thought I was getting a handle on things, I get a reality smack down to tell me not to be so smug. Don't want to go into great detail, as it's personal, but both my girls are dealing with some recent life events that sadden my heart.

I thought I was doing a decent job of parenting, but I'm having to reassess. How do you know when you're hindering your children instead of helping them? Just as most parents do, I want good things for my brood, and try to clear the path for them to succeed. However, maybe I've been doing too much for them, and it's time to step back and let them take over the process. Rules need to be made and changed, and I anticipate that it's gonna get messy before it gets better.

In for a pinch, in for a pound. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment