Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Bite at a Time

You know the famous one-liner about how do you eat an elephant? Answer: "One bite at a time."

I think this is going to have to be my mantra about getting organized, except it's going to have to be - one spot or room at a time. And that's going to be a s-l-o-w process, because, while I don't have the biggest house around, I share space with an ADHD boy, a busy-lifed teen girl with all of her possessions and personal Mt. Corner in her room (I don't know when she's last seen the bottom of it!), and a preoccupied Mister. And then there's all the other people dancing around the periphery of my life....

I'm not saying that I'm in any way better than the above-mentioned people, just that it seems to be my lot in life to be the one walking behind everyone, picking up stuff. It's either that, or trip over it. Or I'm the only one seeing the bigger picture, and the one who's concerned enough about it to tackle the problem. And no, I don't particularly like being the one who is just "supposed" to do these things, but if I don't, who will??

And so, I will address most of my life issues, one bite at a time. Any one know of a good book of elephant receipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment