Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh, Tannenbaum

When do you take down your Christmas decorations? We have a house on our street - they put up their decorations either on Thanksgiving Day or the day after. And, of course, they took them down on New Year's Day! As I've been saying recently, I'm nowhere near that organized - my (box) tree went up either the first or second weekend of December, and got decorated within a few days of that (and not by me, I might add!). We don't have outside lights to put up - I bought a 3.5 foot LED snowflake this year - my sole outside decoration!

The tree still sits in all its decorated glory in my living room, and there are still various gifts belonging to family strewn around the room, including some of my own gifts. I guess if it were a cut tree, I'd be more on top of getting it undecorated and out on the street, but with a box tree, it's just a matter of finding the time, hauling the decoration boxes back up from the basement, and actually stripping the tree and boxing them all up again. Then, there's the compressing of the branches, the unplugging of all the (7!) light connections on the tree, and trying to cram the 7.5 foot tree back into its much smaller box in all its 3-piece glory.

Can you blame me for being less than enthused about this endeavor, especially since I'll be doing it by my lonesome? We shall see if I actually accomplish the re-claiming of the living room this coming weekend, or if I get sucked into the time vortex that is laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment