Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finally

You know those people who drive like they're better than everyone else - and feel like the laws somehow don't apply to them? Dislike them with a passion, don't you? Come on, be honest here - it's just you and me. I talk to other drivers from inside my car, knowing full well and good that those arrogant so-and-so's can't hear me; but if it makes me feel better, I'm going with it.

Today I witnessed one of them get their comeuppance. Sorry if you think I'm petty, but it brought a small smile to my face, once I'd passed the incident. There's been lots of construction, lane changes and new traffic lights added on my route home from work. It's a big road, leading to a major highway - you'd better believe that U-turns are not permitted - yet I've been witness to WAY too many of them lately. Where's a cop when you need one? Today, he was there.

Driver in a red vehicle, from a traffic light, in front of said officer sitting in the median in an unmarked car, makes a U-turn, just to sit at another traffic light, and then proceeds to reverse and pull forward a few times to adjust their lane position. Officer just sits there, and when the light changes, he turns on his flashing lights, gives a few whoops with the siren, and pulls the red vehicle over. Like I said, it's a small thing, but it's nice to see a little balance in this unbalanced world.

No comments:

Post a Comment