Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Temperature Game

Part of Snark-Boy’s morning routine happens on the very short drive to the elementary school. It starts before the key is cranked in the van engine. I have a “computer” of sorts in my van – it tells me direction, outside temperature, distance to empty for my gas consumption, and other things of that ilk. So, we each guess a temperature, and then check to see who is that morning’s “winner”. I don’t know, am I teaching him awareness of his surroundings, fair play, or just what? It’s been an ongoing thing for almost this whole school year. He reminds me of it every morning, even when I don't necessarily want to play.

Today’s guesses: Mom – 64. Snark-Boy – 48. Actual temp – 54. Winner: Snark-Boy.

Just a small glimpse into my day. You’re welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment