Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Itchy & Flaky - And We're Not Talking About My Head

So, if you're looking for a discussion about dandruff - bye! Cuz this ain't it. I'm suffering with a bad case of the winter dry-skin itchies. We have gas heat, which is great for keeping you warm - it totally beats a heat pump - but dries your skin something terrible if you don't have a humidifier attached to your furnace. We have one, but it's not currently functioning; that, or we've forgotten to check it or turn it on or buy a new water filter - any or all of the previously mentioned things.

While we've definitely had some colder than usual temperatures this winter, it hasn't seemed as bad as last year's Snowmageddon, which had the kids around here actually wanting to go back to school, they'd been out on winter break so long! This winter has been the year of the little snows, little but frequent. Like weekly.

All this is to say that I haven't a clue as to what is causing my poor hands to be so red and itchy, and my arms and legs to be so flaky and itchy. I do know, however, that I need to find something to fix it, and fast! Lotions, potions, oils, creams, shoot, I've even tried vaseline! Some work for a little while, and some things just seem to make my hands even redder - perfumes, maybe? I never knew I was such a delicate person. Unless you want to attribute my suddenly dry skin to my age, in which case I'm going to pretend that my eyesight is worse than it is and I can't see you through my glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment