Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Absent, and Apologizing

Sorry, friends - I dropped off the face of Snark-It for a while. Life got a bit hectic around these parts, and this new enterprise of mine was what took last place.

There've been sooo many things going on lately. The Mr. returned from his trip, and noticed some of the things I accomplished while he was gone, but completely missed others. We had a H-U-G-E blow-up at each other just days later, and I ran off and spent the night away from home, getting very little sleep in the process, but cooling off my well-known temper. (While this site will remain "clean" in the language category, let's just say that at home I am more relaxed, and when my temper took hold I went off the deep end and turned the air blue with some horrible, no-good, very bad cursewords.) Had an out-of-state visitor at my job for a week, and enjoyed very much getting to know this person better, and also very much appreciated all the things they accomplished for my boss while they were here! I took last Friday off from work for a doctor's appointment, and to ready myself and Snark-Girl to leave for a weekend youth retreat with several other churches in the hills of West Virginia. (Possibly a post later about this experience!)

While on the aforementioned retreat I also got very little sleep due to plastic-covered mattresses - so noisy! - which were uncomfortable, and there were very late curfews for the kids. Also, far too few bathrooms for people to use for cleaning up and showering. But, I DID accomplish doing the low-ropes course that was there as a team-building exercise - me and two other moms (I was the oldest), plus 3 girls. We six were coming together from two different churches, having just met the evening before - briefly. We had to learn to trust the team, that you are not held back by physical limitations (one of the moms had a broken tailbone!), that you can do more than you think you can, how to work as a unit even when you've just met, that support need not be physical, to listen to all ideas - some might just surprise you, and that famous cliche' of thinking outside the box.

Once we returned home on Sunday afternoon - during a torrential rainstorm that had cars winding up in the median of a major interstate - I got involved in playing catch-up at home on laundry and planning a grocery run. I didn't make it out Sunday due to all the rain - I'm not that much of a glutton! Found out that Snark-Boy DOES have an appetite when the Mr. forgets to give him his ADHD meds for two days running! But man, is he one mass of movement and bounce and talk when he's not dosed!

I've spent the last few nights trying to catch up on laundry, dishes, shopping, cooking for a larger-than-normal family gathering on Monday, and sleep. Still wanting to accomplish MORE in the sleep category. And the Mr. is asking me if I've done any more looking for a job - when? In my spare time?

Enough said - I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment