Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Daylight Saving Time

Daylight Saving Time is seriously kicking my tail. This year seems to be worse than any previous. While I've always been a night owl, far preferring to see the new day in (midnight) rather than watch the sun rise, I'm having a difficult time regulating my sleep so that I can feel any semblance of functional at my job and on the drive to and from. (Perhaps just another lame excuse for why it's taken me a week to even attempt a post?)

This past weekend was cram-jammed full of life and all the "stuff" that goes along with it. Our big church youth fundraiser was Saturday Night - a little thing called Mama Mia's. It's a spaghetti dinner, followed by a themed talent show (of sorts). Snark-Girl was involved with the event in two big ways - she was both lead server (maitre-de?) and one of the techs involved with the lighting for the show. I was merely involved in one of the 15-18 acts that made up the show - the ladies who sing alto in the church choir have routinely done a skit and song/dance routine for Mama Mia's, with the exception of one year. We returned this year with a rendition of Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds are a Girls' Best Friend". While it was good, and received some laughs (as we intended), the best was saved for last - we had a synchronized swimming act, believe it or not! 6 of our men (with 2 more holding up a long, blue "water" curtain) found a hilarious skit on YouTube that they performed and received a standing ovation.

 The serious fun and games was after the show was over! Then, all the lights,cables and stage props needed to be dismantled, packed and stored so we could have our regular church service the next morning. Believe it or not, all of the take-down was accomplished in about 45 minutes - many hands make light work. But then we lost that infernal hour that messed me ALL up. I'm having a hard time even remembering what-all I actually did do on Sunday following church. Ah, the hazy remembrances of an age-addled mind.

I finally feel, with last night's sleep, that I'm back on the right track, having gotten between 6-7 hours of fairly restful sleep. And with the Mr. slated to be gone for the next 3 nights, I can really catch up on my sleep this weekend! That, and get some massive laundry done and more general picking and putting all over the house, not to mention a huge run at paperwork and potential shredding. While having him gone is hard in some respects, it also is easier to do things without him pulling me away to help him on one of his "priority" projects(?) or question me as to just why I'm doing what I'm doing, or how I'm doing it. Everyone thinks their way is always the best!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment