Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Stellar Day

Have you heard of the Yellow Car Game? My kids taught this one to me. Granted, we don't take long car trips much anymore, but with all the traffic in our area, it's a way to pass the time while in the car.

Obviously, you're searching for yellow vehicles. Cars, trucks, jeeps and vans all get one point. Yellow Hummers earn you two points, and yellow motorcycles (yes, they exist!!) will get you three points. Yellow scooters, which are different from motorcycles, will still earn you the same three points. (Edited to add: yellow commercial vehicles (cabs, busses, construction, etc.) DON'T count. Just wanted to clarify!)

My drive to work over the same roads, at a total of 14 miles, will see a varied number of yellow cars - today's tally was a stellar 14! All from the one-point category.

And on a sad note, the entertainment industry lost one of the greats today - Elizabeth Taylor passed away at the age of 79. Makes me just a little more aware of my own mortality, and that of my mother, who will achieve the esteemed age of 80 later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment