Slightly sarcastic, these are my thoughts on the things going on in MY world.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Give It Up

Did any of you give up anything for Lent? I hadn't really intended to go along with this, until my boss put out a plate of Godiva chocolates he'd been gifted with for his birthday. Offering one to me, I replied "I've given up chocolate"!

I have no idea where that statement came from, but once uttered, I decided to stick with it. Snark-Girl has also decided to go along with the giving up of something meaningful to her - so she's doing without coffee. Currently, she's down for the count at home with a caffeine-withdrawal headache - I'm told they take about 3 days to run their course!

Wish us (and those others doing without) well in this endeavor. I can report, however, that just finding a snack in a vending machine is a major temptation, until you look at just what's left once chocolate is ruled out. Maybe this will be the jump-start I need to drop several pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment